Friday, August 5, 2011

Whirlwind

Everything feels like a whirlwind right now. I arrived at the first stop in Bremen yesterday for the next leg of my journey to Atlanta.





Then we headed to Atlanta (someplace called Smyrna to be exact).

Patti with SCG (Second Chance Greyhounds) gave me to my Aunt after seeing if she could talk my Aunt into leaving me to go home with Patti. Patti is a very nice lady. I liked her. I especially liked leaning on her.







Then another ride to my Aunt's house. Geez, all this traveling is making me tired.





I arrived at my Aunt's house and met my 4 dog cousins. They all wanted to sniff me. I was not happy about that but I got over it. I'm a lady, you know. I just thought it was rude of all these strange dogs (cousins or not) sniffing me. After we met and visited for a bit, I settled down for a little rest. There were dog beds everywhere, but frankly, I just wanted to chill on the carpet at first.

I have decided I am not fond of the hardwood floors so I try to stay on the strategic placed throw rugs or the carpeted rooms. My Aunt's backyard was pretty cool, but the grass was wet with dew last night and this morning--and I do NOT like to get my feet wet. My Aunt called me a little Princess because I didn't want to get my feet wet. She just doesn't understand. Pretty little girls don't like to get their feet wet. Geez.

After a bit, I was happy to go in a softsided kennel in my Aunt's bedroom for the night. It's like a procession around here to go to bed. My Aunt, me and all 4 of my dog cousins, the cat and some green thing my Aunt said was a parrot ALL went up to the bedroom together. I didn't care. I was very tired. This morning, when my Aunt opened up my kennel, I rolled onto my side and asked her to rub my tummy. I am a happy morning girl. I even gave her a little kiss.

When all of my cousins went to eat their breakfast, I decided I didn't want any. Instead I wanted to lay in the dog bed by my Aunt's desk in her office. I LOVE to be close to people. I noticed my cousin Rio likes that bed. So while Rio was eating her breakfast, I snuck into that bed. Tee Hee.

I did eat a greenie today and another yummy chew treat that my Aunt said was a beef gullet strap. Whatever it was, it was yummy. But, I'm just not feeling like eating any dog food. Not, the food that came with me. Not the food that my family wants me to transition to and not even the kibble that my cousins eat for breakfast. Just not feeling it. My Aunt said if I get hungry enough I'll eat it. But I'm trying to keep my girlish figure, you know :)

Man, there are a lot of steps at my Aunt's house. There's carpeted steps to our den (the place my Aunt calls the bedroom). There's carpeted steps to the basement where the dog room is and there's some wooden steps off the deck into the fenced backyard. I can do the steps fine. I'm just not LIKING to do them. There's just so much new stuff to get used to. It's a bit overwhelming for a girl.

I did do a little jaunt around the fenced backyard this evening. There's quite a bit for me to explore here. I don't like getting to far away from my Aunt though. I know she is the person to stay in good with. I know how to be a teacher's pet. Pun intended...only I don't think my Aunt is a teacher. Oh well. I still think that was funny.

Tomorrow is a another day! Till then, ciao!

No comments: