Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Checking In

I know it's been a few days since I checked in, but I've been busy. I've learned to go and down the carpeted steps to the dog room where we eat our breakfast. I still do NOT like the carpeted steps up to our den (bedroom) though. They look different and feel different than the other steps and I don't like 'em. I'll go down them but I really don't like going up them.

The steps off the deck out back are fun because I jump those. My Aunt keeps trying to get me to walk them but I refuse. I like jumping them.

I haven't slept in a crate the last 2 nights. I've been sleeping on a dog bed in our den (bedroom). I've been being a good girl and staying on my bed unless someone else gets up. I did go wake my Aunt up last night to take me outside. I guess I drank too much water before bed. My Aunt was happy though and said I was a good girl for getting her up to go outside.

I've decided the food here isn't so bad. I've been eating most of my meals. The treats are my favorite though. I've had greenies, beef gullet, Chewie Louies, cooked pulled pork, rotisserie chicken and tried some chees treats. All were pretty yummy. I think the rotisserie chicken was my favorite though. My Aunt said I'm like a little shark though when I go to take treat from her hand.

She's been making me work lately too. I have to sit, down or shake for treats. I don't mind though because the treats are worth it.



My dog cousins are ok, but I'm more of a people dog. My male cousin Blaze is kind of cool most of the time. He and I got in a squabble today. That made my Aunt really mad. But when I stepped him by accident, he actually growled at me. I gave him what for with a nice growl/snarl right back. My Aunt got really mad at both of us. I didn't mean to step him. The grump!

Like I said, I prefer people anyway. I like to be with someone all the time. I keep a close eye on my Aunt. I don't like her to be out of eyesight. I whine if I can't see her, especially if she leaves a room that has slippery wood floors and I can't follow her. Those wood floors are dangerous. If I walk REALLY slow, they are ok, but when I get on them, I get worried and it makes me want to walk faster to get off of them. And then when I walk faster on them, I slide. It's an awful predicatment! I avoid them as much as I can.

My Aunt's cat is ok. I pretty much ignore him. I saw my cousin Blaze chase him today though, so the next time I saw him, I thought it might be fun to chase him. My Aunt told me emphatically, NO. Ok, I get it. I just wanted to have a little fun. She also has this green thing, named Reggie. He's a parrot or something. He looks like he might be a tasy treat but my Aunt won't let me anywhere near him.

My Aunt says I'm a watch dog wannabe. I bark and growl when I see something out the window. Today a lady came to my Aunt's house to do some things around the house. Everytime I saw her I would bark. I didn't like that lady in the house. I felt like I had to protect my Aunt even though my Aunt told me I didn't need to. My dog cousin looked at me like I was crazy and kept trying to figure out why I was barking.

My Aunt said tomorrow evening she's taking me on an outing. She said she's taking me out shopping to some pet friendly stores to get me out and about. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

My Aunt talks to my Mom everyday to tell her how I'm doing. My Aunt told my Mom that she and I will be 2 peas in a pod...whatever that means.

There's lots of things to learn here and it wears me out. I catch a nap whenever I can.


I'm having fun and can't wait to see what's in store for me next.

Catcha Later!

No comments: