Friday, August 12, 2011

Visit Time Drawing to a Close

I went with my Aunt early this week to the feed & seed store near her house, TC Country. We went in to get some cat and dog food. I got to visit with the owners Sabine & Fabio Yepes. They were very nice. I also met their dog, Sissy. She kept wanting to sniff me, in public no less! I let her though since I was trying to be polite.

So today, my Aunt told me I'll be leaving Sunday to go to my family in Ohio. I'm not sure what all that means yet, but it sounds like changes are a coming. Ohio sounds so far away. My Aunt said me and my Mom and going to come back for a visit later this year though.

I sure hope my new family likes me--but honestly, how could they not! I'm so adorable. I'm sure I will like them once I get to know them. I've been pretty happy here, EXCEPT, I would like more of my Aunt's attention. She gives attention to me and all my dog cousins, but I would like it better if she gave all or most of it to me. She also always has the yummiest treats too.

I have to admit, I have been enjoying playing my dog cousins lately. They aren't so bad after all. In fact, I really like my male dog cousin, Blaze. He's lots of fun and he's pretty cute too. I think he likes me also. He doesn't growl or get grumpy when I lay near him. My Aunt says it usually takes him more time to let a new dog hang out so close to him. I know that I'm just special.



I've been having lots of fun here. I like to spin around sometimes when I play. I LOVE to run out in the backyard with Blaze & Cori. The only thing that sucks is my Aunt makes us wear muzzles when we go in the backyard. I guess that's a small price to pay to run and play.

I like to play with toys that squeak very much. There's a really cool snake squeaker toy here that I just LOVE! It's so much fun because it was so many squeakers! I like getting toys out of the toy basket. I hope my new home has lots of toys. My Aunt says it will, but I want to make sure it does. Otherwise, I'll be borrowing my Mom's credit card for some online shopping. Blaze showed me how to do it when my Aunt wasn't looking.

Another thing about me is I love to cuddle and give little kisses. I like to lay on or right next to my Aunt whenever I can. I also give her sweet kisses. I have to admit though, sometime I forget to take treats nicely from her. She'll scold me and tell me to be more gentle when I take treats from her. I keep trying to remember that but I get so excited, especially if she's giving my rotisserie chicken! YUMMY!

Whenever I think she wants something from me, I sit. She tells me I'm such a good girl.

I've become a really good watch dog. Nothing escapes me. When a squirrel is in the front yard and I see him, I give him what for. Me and Blaze take turns on the squirrel patrol. Most of the time, Rio, Cori and Chloe just roll their eyes when me and Blaze do our duty and bark at those darn squirrels.  Yesterday some people we're mowing the lawn and trimming bushes at my Aunt's house. I barked at them and told them I was watching their every move and they better not try anything. Sometimes, the whole pack joins in to warn someone or something they better leave our yard.


My Aunt has been packing up all my stuff. Yes, I already have stuff :)
I have toys, food, adoption paperwork, training book, a leash, muzzle, collar, my ID tags and pet transfer stuff (my Aunt filled it out for my Mom so all she has to do it mail it), and a cute little pink bag to hold some of it.

Well, time to go play. Talk to you later!

No comments: